cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

AirDrop broken on MacOS Ventura

Styline
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

I'm using MacOS Ventura and I can't receive files via AirDrop anymore.

My Downloads folder is inside my Dropbox as I'm using Dropbox Backup, so it is all inside the Cloud Library now. The Spotlight Search is broken and now also I can't receive airdropped files anymore. They are sending but afterwards they are just nowhere to be found on the hard-drive. It's quite the mess.

@DropboxTeam: It would be highly appreciated if you can expedite looking into resolving the issues on Ventura!

98 Replies 98

Michelle31
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Megan - the issue for me is when I update Dropbox to the newest version. I have the old version and yes I have my computer backed up. Everything is ok with the old version. The issues seems to be with the new update and airdrop. And just like everyone else on this thread has mentioned, seems to have the same issue. When will the new update be fixed for this specific issue?

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Michelle31, thanks for following up here.

Our team is currently working on this issue, and while we don't have a timeline, you can always keep an eye on this thread or our help center article here for any updates.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

pedrottic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It's happening exatly the same issue for me. Running Ventura 13.2.1 and dropbox v169.4.5684. Tried to disable backup, but it didn't work after a few minutes (still waiting).

pedrottic
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Airdrop totally broken for me, too. same issue.

Tried to disable backup, but it didn't work after a few minutes (still waiting).

jonasklock
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Airdrop also broken for me, and it somehow doesnt really let me manage my backups, i can not select or deselect any folders. At this point i have three different backups. Very annoying.

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @pedrottic & @jonasklock, are you still having issues with disabling the Dropbox backup feature? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

hawkpilot2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

It still does not seem like dropbox has fixed this problem or listed a clear way to disable this feature. 

I am ready to cancel dropbox because I need the ability to airdrop files.  This is getting stupid.

Please advise of a clear easy way to disable this horrible feature.

Thank you.

rovissi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
The problem happened because when the dropbox mac backup is activate, the Dropbox changes the default download folder to “dropbox > mac > download”, and puts a shortcut in default location.
Airdrop don’t work with shortcut.
Solution: remove downloads folder from the dropbox backup in configuration

RebeccaCoffey
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same problem with AirDrop and I, too, was denied access to the forum.

Nicks293
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still broken

Need more support?