cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARM binaries for Dropbox on Linux

ARM binaries for Dropbox on Linux

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

At the moment, there are no ARM binaries for Dropbox on Linux. Are these planned at any point?

The use case I'm aiming for is runing Dropbox on a Raspberry Pi to act as a local LAN Sync server for other machines running macos.

4 Replies 4

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @mstgrv, I hope you're doing well! 

At the moment, we don't have any solid plans, or an ETA on ARM binaries for Linux OS. 

However, keep in mind that we're always looking for ways to improve Dropbox & we regularly release new versions of our products.

Your comments on this have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard. You can always use our "Share an idea" board, in order to suggest this as a feature request, in order for other users to upvote it. 

I hope this clarifies!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Megan wrote:

Your comments on this have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard. You can always use our "Share an idea" board, in order to suggest this as a feature request, in order for other users to upvote it. 

Hm...🤔 Probably that's why the same idea was there for years with thousands of likes/upvotes and finally was dropped/closed. 🤦 Is there something changed in meantime?! Or maybe you have forgotten...

That's it.

mstgrv
Helpful | Level 5

Thanks for that. ARM binaries would be great to allow running Dropbox on a Raspberry Pi in general, but I've also now seen that Lan Sync doesn't work at on Macs with File Provider: https://help.dropbox.com/sync/lan-sync-overview

That's my intended use case so the Lan Sync issue would need to be solved first I guess, is there an ETA for when that feature might be supported?

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @mstgrv, currently, there isn't any information on if LAN sync would return for Macs using File Provider.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    mstgrv Helpful | Level 5
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?