cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No such file or directory" error?

"No such file or directory" error?

emnu2005
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

My associate shared a folder filled with CR2 (camera RAW) files with me. I've added the folder to my Dropbox account, and downloaded to my computer. The folder downloads successfully as a zip file, but when I attempt to open I get an "Unable to expand. Error 2: No such file or directory" error. 

I can see the files in my Dropbox account just fine, and I can download them individually without issue. There are 400 of them, though, and I don't want to download one at a time. 

Can anyone help me troubleshoot please? TIA!

10 Replies 10

axnjxn5333
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox -- it is completely unacceptable that I cannot download a file from my account and then ou say I need to download some other third party app to unzip a file??!!??  Are you serious?  I dn't have time for this clown show and there fore the solution is to QUIT DROPBOX immediately (I recommend everyone here do so) and use Google Drive.  It's unconscienable that I cannot download and unzip on my Mac given that you are a storage site.  I am now completely SCREWED not being able to get a project done by deadline this morning.   The only solutions here are the dowload winzip... I have a Mac.  Dropbox you are FIRED and I will never use or recommend you for anyone, anytime EVER.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

axnjxn5333 New member | Level 2
    editingforever New member | Level 2
    Lady_S New member | Level 2
    umer1 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?