cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.nar Files

.nar Files

rochallor
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello

Some time ago, I uploaded a collection of photos onto Dropbox. I then deleted them from my computer. Now, I've redownloaded them to my old computer. Unfortunately, only after deleting them from my old computer did I notice that some are .nar files. I now cannot open them. Is it the case that Dropbox cannot support this file type and they're now gone forever? Or is there still some way I can open them?

I understand that I've acted incautiously and am posting after the horse has bolted. Lesson learned! I just want to know I've covered all bases, since the photos had sentimental significance. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @rochallor 

Its not actually anything to do with Dropbox the issue - Dropbox acts just like a tool to transport things, so, Dropbox has done what its supposed to do and got the files on to your machine. My guess here (and I strongly suspect it will be accurate) is that on the new machine you've not installed any software to open the .nar files. 

If you do that you should be then able to open, edit and resave as needed. Have a look at https://file.org/extension/nar for info 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @rochallor 

Its not actually anything to do with Dropbox the issue - Dropbox acts just like a tool to transport things, so, Dropbox has done what its supposed to do and got the files on to your machine. My guess here (and I strongly suspect it will be accurate) is that on the new machine you've not installed any software to open the .nar files. 

If you do that you should be then able to open, edit and resave as needed. Have a look at https://file.org/extension/nar for info 🙂

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

rochallor
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Mark, I'm terribly sorry for not replying to this earlier. I've been experiencing a very busy period. I'm thrilled to say that you're absolutely right! Thank you so much!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rochallor Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?