cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why did the formatting of my Word doc change when I uploaded it to Dropbox?

Why did the formatting of my Word doc change when I uploaded it to Dropbox?

ricapobre28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I uploaded a Word document to DB and it changed the whole format of my document.. Anyone know why? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The copy of Word you use on your computer is different from the Word Online version that Microsoft offers. Word Online doesn't support all of the features or possible formatting that you get from the desktop version of the application. As such, there can be some differences when moving a document between the two versions.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @ricapobre28, I hope you're well today!

After uploading the file, are you now previewing the file through the website?

If you choose to open the file with Microsoft Word Online (via the "Open" button), do you see the correct formatting there?

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

ricapobre28
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, 

I opened it online via Open Button but the document still looks different.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

The copy of Word you use on your computer is different from the Word Online version that Microsoft offers. Word Online doesn't support all of the features or possible formatting that you get from the desktop version of the application. As such, there can be some differences when moving a document between the two versions.

Need more support?