cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the easiest way to download all photos in DropBox to your desktop computer?

What is the easiest way to download all photos in DropBox to your desktop computer?

bmcbath2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hello @bmcbath2, there are several ways: 

1. If your photos are organized in folders, you can download those folders by logging into Dropbox web. The limitation of downloading an folder is that the folder must not be larger than 20 GB, and contain less than 10,000 files. If you have larger folder, or more than 10,000 files in a folder, you may download them by parts or use desktop sync (2). 
  2. You can install the desktop app to sync the Photos locally. You may use selective sync to download the photos folders only. 
  3. If your photos are scatted across diffrent folders, you may go to the Photos tab, scroll down to the bottom, then select the checkbox next to timeline, it will allow you to download all the photos at once. However, this method won't work if you have more than 10,000 photos or the total size is more than 20 GB. 

Screenshot 2018-10-06 at 1.05.46 PM.png

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Elixir
Super User
Go to solution

Hello @bmcbath2, there are several ways: 

1. If your photos are organized in folders, you can download those folders by logging into Dropbox web. The limitation of downloading an folder is that the folder must not be larger than 20 GB, and contain less than 10,000 files. If you have larger folder, or more than 10,000 files in a folder, you may download them by parts or use desktop sync (2). 
  2. You can install the desktop app to sync the Photos locally. You may use selective sync to download the photos folders only. 
  3. If your photos are scatted across diffrent folders, you may go to the Photos tab, scroll down to the bottom, then select the checkbox next to timeline, it will allow you to download all the photos at once. However, this method won't work if you have more than 10,000 photos or the total size is more than 20 GB. 

Screenshot 2018-10-06 at 1.05.46 PM.png

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

Hello I followed the instructions but it is not downloading. What to do?

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

I kept click down but nothing happen

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @u9413015, how many photos do you have on your Dropbox account?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

A lot and I do not have money to pay....

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

25G

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

Your system is so slow and it is hard for user to download their data. It seems to violate law and the right to user's own data.

u9413015
Explorer | Level 3

I do not want to put my credit card details in order to download my own data. Please kindly assist.  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@u9413015, the number of files you’re downloading at once may be the issue here. Can you try with less files instead and see what happens? 

Also, do you have the desktop app installed, by any chance? If you do, you can simply drag the photos from your local Dropbox folder to another location on your computer.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    u9413015 Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?