cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What does the "Enable Continuous Commenting" option do?

What does the "Enable Continuous Commenting" option do?

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

I have noticed some nice little changes hidden within DropBox functionality lately. I just took note of this option called "Enable Continuous Commenting". I've done my own searching on google as well as this community and I haven't found anything about it. I'd love to get some official word on what it does exactly. 

Thanks!

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 12.39.08 PM.png

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CChesnutt, I hope you're doing well!

Now that could be either a new, or beta feature. However, I want to make entirely sure about it, and what it provides, before I give you any sort of info. 

Give me time to investigate, and check more with our Team, and I will get back to you.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

ZGM
Helpful | Level 6

Any further word on this @Megan? Our team is also curious 🙂 

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

I solved this question myself (can I get paid?!)
If you Enable Continuous Commenting then the comment box greys out and your cursor remains the crosshairs to draw boxes around items and comment. You still have to manually go and click submit (it would be great if a hard return could complete this) but it does save one click having to constantly go back and click the "comment on a section" button to get the crosshairs to come up.
 This is what it looks like in "Enable Continuous Editing" modeThis is what it looks like in "Enable Continuous Editing" modeNormal mode you have to click here each time to get the crosshairsNormal mode you have to click here each time to get the crosshairs

ZGM
Helpful | Level 6

Awesome, thanks for the great info @CChesnutt! I guess we could have tested it ourselves, but that makes it very clear.

If your screenshots show up in Dropbox's own help articles once they decide to actually tell the world about this feature hopefully you can get some licensing fees 😜

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @CChesnutt, we appreciate the details you've provided in your testing.

In short, continuous commenting allows users to write a comment, click ‘post’, and then immediately draw a new section and leave a comment for that section. This allows faster and smoother commenting on an image or doc.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

CChesnutt
Helpful | Level 6

@Jay Can you put in a recommendation note to allow a hard return or keyboard click to "Submit" and move on to the next comment rather than having to mouse to the Submit button? This "Enable Continuous Editing" is supposed to speed things up, but it's falling a bit short!

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the input, @CChesnutt, if you wish, you can suggest this change for others to vote on, so the dev team can look into this in future! 

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?