cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video transcript error message

Video transcript error message

One Yoga
Explorer | Level 4

I keep getting the error message "There was an error loading the transcript" for all my videos when trying to generate a transcript. The length doesn't matter, it happens with 1-minute videos and 30- or 60- minute videos. The format is mp4. All videos are played correctly in the preview. The audio is clear and in English. Any suggestions?

64 Replies 64

Cameron McIntosh
Explorer | Level 3

Good morning, I did clear my browser's cache, restarted my computer, and tried using other browsers (safari, microsoft edge, and google chrome). It is not working on any of these platforms. The sizes of the file range from 8.00-12 mb in size and they are audio mp3 files. 

caprov
Explorer | Level 3

Hi @nancy.  That is correct, she said that she tested it, she ONLY had issues when trying to use the shared link.  Having said that, the shared link is hyperlinked in a PDF file and shortened using a 'rebrand.ly' link for (what I assume) custom file naming. 

caprov
Explorer | Level 3

I am listening to lectures as well, and the transcript feature is very beneficial!  Enjoy your studies!

Cameron McIntosh
Explorer | Level 3

You too! Enjoy your studies @caprov 

Cameron McIntosh
Explorer | Level 3

@walter are you able to put in a ticket and see what's going on?

erindo13
New member | Level 2

I'm having this issue now with a video that I have literally watched with the transcription before. The live captions are working, but not the transcription on the side bar. Did it ever get resolved?

BT99
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, can anyone help to resolve this issue:

CC is not showing. It is saying for the last 2 days 
There was an error loading the transcript"

I have tried mp3, mp4, wma etc versions. None are working. Please HELP!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear this, @BT99

To clarify, are you having this issue with Dropbox Replay

I’d also like a full screenshot of the error you’re seeing. 

Keep me in the loop.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

srfujii
Explorer | Level 4

Hi All!

I'm having the same issue....it started the end of last week, and I am using the original links (I am the owner of the audio and video files), but am still getting the "There was an error loading the transcript" message. Old transcripts are not being loaded, and new transcripts are not being generated.

I'm on a Macbook Pro running Sonoma 14.5 using Google Chrome... I cleared my cache and tried using Safari but same issue. The audio files are .m4a and range in size from 2 MB to 51 MB, and the video files are .mp4 and are approximately 350 - 400 MB. 

Just wanted to chime in with my voice and say "you are not alone" 😀 and to the wonderful Dropbox support peeps, "please help"! 🙏🥰

Also this is my very first post in the community....so I hope I did it "right"! 😁😅

Thanks all, and I hope this gets resolved quickly and easily! 

simonp_westcoast01
New member | Level 2

I am getting the same error. A link to Dropbox media player for an M4A has always had a full transcript available, and it hasn't been working since late last week.

Transcript error.jpg

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DBX_Pedro Community Manager
    Cameron McIntosh Explorer | Level 3
    aboissonneault Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?