cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transcripts and downloading

Transcripts and downloading

JEM190
Explorer | Level 3

I just discovered that DropBox will create transcripts and closed captions on video files which is very helpful, but how can I download the video file with the closed captions still there?

7 Replies 7

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @JEM190, welcome to our Community! 

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, are you referring to this feature? 

If so, then keep in mind that this isn't currently possible. Your feedback regarding our this though has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I hope this helps!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

JEM190
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Megan,

I was very impressed with the speed at which you responded to my message. Thank you!

It looks like downloadable Replay is an extra charge on some higher level accounts.

I guess I will have to do some more research into the DropBox options and decide what to do.

Thank you again for the information.

-Jake

greenmentch
Explorer | Level 3

I would like to copy the transcript with the timecode that was created with my audio upload.  How do I do this?  If I click copy transcript, it copies without timecode.  If I try to copy and paste, it only copies the page I am looking at which would then take me hours to copy everything.  Thanks.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @greenmentch, how long is the audio file you're trying to transcribe?

Also, could you clarify what you mean when you're referring to the copying of the page?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

greenmentch
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to copy the transcript text with the timecode.  I don't see how to do this without the arduous step of going page by page highlighting, copying and pasting.  The audio is 101 minutes.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback on this matter. We appreciate it and take all comments into consideration when improving the Dropbox site and services.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

NicoleT3
New member | Level 2

I agree that having the ability to copy transcript text with the timestamps is valuable part of our marcom process as well. This capability would help improve that function greatly and create a much needed efficiency.

Need more support?