cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnails not showing for large portion of photos

Thumbnails not showing for large portion of photos

cmcintoshphoto
Explorer | Level 4

I'm having an issue with the web browser - like half of the images uploaded are not clickable, and appear as blank squares. I can confirm they are uploaded via the phone app, and the desktop client. But when I go to view them on the web (Chrome), I can't view a large portion of what's in any folder.

Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 11.09.53 AM.jpg

3 Replies 3

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Welcome back to the forum, @cmcintoshphoto! Let’s take a look.

First off, have you attempted to access your web photos via a different browser on your computer? Do you experience the exact same thing, if you do this? 

Have you made sure that the photos have been fully uploaded to your Dropbox account (from your mobile/desktop app), and that the process isn't still going on?

If yes, then I'd also like you to switch the view of your photos from large grid to list, and let me know if anything changes. You can do this by clicking on the hamburger menu on the top right corner (the one with the 4 lines and the small arrow) and selecting the relevant option. 

Keep me posted for any updates.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

cmcintoshphoto
Explorer | Level 4

Hi! So I opened the link in Safari and it showed perfectly fine when logged out. When I logged into my account on the browser it shows the same exact error, half of them non-clickable blank squares. And when I switch to the list view (on both browsers), it doesn't show the 'error' files at all. I can access all the photos that are supposed to be there perfectly on the phone app, though. 

Also, on the browser window, the bar that shows "Suggested from your activity) it shows some of the photos that are the ones not showing up in the grid. I can click on them from there. But in the grid, they don't exist.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hmm, that’s interesting.

When saying that you can access all files while logged out, do you mean that you’re accessing them via a shared link?

Are you the owner of this shared link, or was it sent to you by another user? Are you the only one encountering this behavior?

Also, can you take one extra step and test this via an incognito window on your web browser?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    cmcintoshphoto Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?