cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change view

There's a change in the way files preview with grey boxes around.

Rei3e
Helpful | Level 6

Hi there! Dropbox recently updated the preview image experience and there is now grey shadow boxed around all of the image previews. Unfortunately, for individuals such as myself who have to cull through thousands of images a day, this makes it much harder to have a clear preview of the image. Even on the large grid, the images are much smaller with this shadow border. I would love to be able to use the old view.

This change alone has increased my culling time by over 30%!  Yikes! I hope to see a resolution.

These are they grey boxes that are also present around each individual image. 

Screenshot 2023-08-11 134451.png

21 Replies 21

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Rei3e, thanks for posting here!

Your comments on the way files preview on our website have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

If you need anything else, let me know! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tyto
Helpful | Level 6

I agree 100% with Rei3e

The new design is terrible for those of us who need to review/cull hundreds of photos

GebbyGills
Explorer | Level 4
I cannot agree more. The recent update to the UI has killed my productivity. Frustrating that what used to take me 2 hours now takes 6.

indysportszone
New member | Level 2

indysportszone_0-1693661456973.png

This is what I see after the most recent update. Before I could see all the videos I had starred and it made it easy for me to select and download. Now I have to hover over each one. The boxes are too big as well. This is on the smallest setting. How do I change the look.

leveeroadstudio
Helpful | Level 6

Also, we can no longer copy all of the links for the images at one time, which is a HUGE part of my workflow... The new layout displays a "preview" of the folder items when you click on them, not the actual dropbox links. 

I'm at a loss at what to do here. Time to find a Dropbox alternative? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @indysportszone, thanks for reaching out.

We really appreciate your feedback on this and I'll make sure your comments are passed along to our team.

A couple of alternatives you can use would be the Photos page, or switching the view to 'list', for easier access to the starred items.

As for you, @leveeroadstudio, would you mind giving us some more info on the situation?

Are you perhaps referring to shared link content previewing instead?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

leveeroadstudio
Helpful | Level 6

@Hannah 

I use Dropbox daily to copy share links to hundreds, sometimes thousands, of images for clients for CSV uploads to social media schedulers. To copy multiple share links on Dropbox.com, I open the Dropbox folder link in an incognito window, and copy the image links en masse from there. I can no longer complete any of my tasks because of this update.  

So, how can I copy image links in bulk now (apart from saying "Dropbox currently doesn't offer the ability to copy multiple file links" as the response has been for YEARS)? Well, there WAS a way to copy multiple links, but this update just made this service completely irrelevant and is causing other issues for your customers. Google Drive has the function to copy multiple share links, for free. Why, after many years of paying customers requesting this simple feature, has Dropbox put zero effort into making it possible? 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @leveeroadstudio, could you clarify how you copied the image links in bulk? Was this from the Dropbox site when logged into your account, or via a shared link? 

There wasn't a feature like this on the site before, so you might be performing a unique method to acquire the links.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Rei3e
Helpful | Level 6

I am really still struggling with this👾. For a couple of weeks I've been having to ZOOM in my browser window 150- 175 % to be able to view the images big enough for purposeful culling. And don't even get me started on how now when I fully open an image, the preview is still too small and I have to Zoom there as well. 

Have you figured out any other solutions?  @Tyto 

Need more support?