cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Strange symbol like a package on files - why???

Strange symbol like a package on files. What is this?

TomJoad71
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi there,

since recently, some of my files are marked with a straneg symbol - like a post package - as if they were sealed somehow. Where does this suddenly come from? And how do I get rid of?

TomJoad71_0-1727194661193.png

Tx so much

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TomJoad71
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You are right! The symbol has changed now to a Dropboxsymbol: a white cloud on grey ground, indicating online files. Thanks so much for clarifying! 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TomJoad71 wrote:

since recently, some of my files are marked with a straneg symbol - like a post package - as if they were sealed somehow. Where does this suddenly come from?

That's not a Dropbox icon. It's from OneDrive.

TomJoad71
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Sure? I don't use One Drive. It is installed on my hard disk but it's completely empty and all sync is via Dopbox....

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TomJoad71 wrote:

Sure?

Yes. Here is a list of the icons that you'll see when using Dropbox. Also, refer to this topic for more information.

TomJoad71
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I just deinstalled One Drive. The symbol is still there...

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@TomJoad71 wrote:

I just deinstalled One Drive. The symbol is still there...

Did you restart after the uninstall? If so and the icon is still present, I would suggest contacting Microsoft as it is not produced by Dropbox.

TomJoad71
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

You are right! The symbol has changed now to a Dropboxsymbol: a white cloud on grey ground, indicating online files. Thanks so much for clarifying! 

Need more support?