cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Square box in photos tab in the mobile app on Android

Square box in photos tab in the mobile app on Android

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I am new to the community so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong segment. My queries is when I open the photos section on my Android app a square box appears & stays there. A little segment rotates in the Square & that's it. All my files are there & the what's normally in photos are there to upload. Happening on my 2 android devices. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scdesigna
New member | Level 2
Update is out and resolves the issue. Thanks.

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey there @pgheery - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you've ensured that your device's OS and the version of the Dropbox mobile app are up to date?

Also, have you tried clearing the app's cache and signing out and back into your account since you first noticed this?

If you did and this persists, could you send us a screenshot so that we can have a visual too?

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6
Hi Walter, thanks for your prompt reply. I have indeed cleared the cache (in fact I also uninstalled/reinstalled the app) and rebooted the android. As stated previously the issue is happening on 2 android phones. I'm pretty sure the OS is up to date. The issue only started happening 24 hrs ago. I cannot figure how to send you a screenshot of the problem.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

You should be able to see a camera icon in your reply's box that allows you to attach a screenshot @pgheery 

Just note that if you're on a mobile device, you might need to request the desktop version of the page to bring that button up.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Walter, attached is the screenshot mentioned previously.ScreenshotScreenshot

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
I have the same issue, cleared data, and uninstalled the app, reinstalled still same issue started 24 hours ago just before the last app update. I've updated the app, I've got no os updates to do running the flagship Samsung S24 works fine on my ios device. Tired leaving it on the screen and still nothing drop box it self is working just the photo box section never loads it's stuck in a loop of the box animation. I am using the beta version so not sure if this is possible the issue?

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
Further test, I removed the beta test and installed the public version still same issue my last update was on the 18th from Dropbox and the issue started two days before this. Looking at my logs.

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
Public App version 383.1.4 looks like the beta the same version as well. phone model is sm-s928b/ds running android v.14 One UI v6.1

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6
Hi EMCrash, looks like our issues are very similar, my App version is 382.2.2,
Phone model is SM-A528B/OS,
One UI version 6.1
Android version 14
Thanks for the info, let's hope the Dropbox team can help sort the issue.

jovada
New member | Level 2

I have the same issue. I also had the beta version, removed it, went to the regular version, but to no avail.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

pgheery Helpful | Level 6
    EMCrash Helpful | Level 6
    scdesigna New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Matthia8 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?