cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Square box in photos tab in the mobile app on Android

Square box in photos tab in the mobile app on Android

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6

Hi, I am new to the community so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong segment. My queries is when I open the photos section on my Android app a square box appears & stays there. A little segment rotates in the Square & that's it. All my files are there & the what's normally in photos are there to upload. Happening on my 2 android devices. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

19 Replies 19

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
Thanks Jovada can you provide your phone details and Dropbox version same as us it might help drop box find the issue.

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
The only thing so far is we on the same OS but I've not updated my OS for a little bit now so not sure what changed to cause the issue. I wonder if Dropbox have updated something on there end?

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6
I think it most likely is a Dropbox issue, I have 2 Android phones, both displaying the same symptoms, neither of which has been upgraded recently.

scdesigna
New member | Level 2
Having the same issue after the latest dropbox app update. S24Ultra, app and OS up to date. Reset the photo tab via the app and cleared the cache. Same issue exists. Photos tab never populates. Removed app and reinstalled, no luck. Hopefully an app update will fix this issue.

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
Hopefully more people will come forward and Dropbox will see they have an issue with the app and get it patched

Matthia8
New member | Level 2

Having the same issue after the latest Dropbox app update on S24 Ultra.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, thanks for alerting us to this.

Our team is aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix.

As a temporary workaround, you can star a photo as a favorite, which should resolve the issue for you.

Make sure to keep an eye on this thread for any updates.

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

scdesigna
New member | Level 2
Update is out and resolves the issue. Thanks.

EMCrash
Helpful | Level 6
Thank you staring an image as resolved my issue too

pgheery
Helpful | Level 6
Issue resolved here too. Thanks everyone for assisting.
Need more support?