cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures displaying at 90 degree rotation after downloading from DropBox

Pictures displaying at 90 degree rotation after downloading from DropBox

msjbco
New member | Level 2

When I download pictures from a DropBox folder, then re-upload them to my site, they appear at a 90 degree rotation.  How can I fix this?  Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II

@msjbco wrote:

When I download pictures from a DropBox folder, then re-upload them to my site, they appear at a 90 degree rotation.

Dropbox doesn't alter the rotation of your photos. Most likely, Dropbox is obeying the orientation data that's embedded in the photo's EXIF data and displaying the photo as intended, but your site is not. EXIF data is the extra parameters written to the photo by the camera.

Either rotate the image manually in an image editor, or edit the Orientation parameter in the photo's EXIF data to see if that makes a difference.

msjbco
New member | Level 2

Thank you!  I'll have my dev take a look at our code and see if we can spot the problem/solution.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

msjbco New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?