cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture size is much smaller when downloading it from the site?

Picture size is much smaller when downloading it from the site?

Craig C.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I uploaded pictures 2400 pixels high, but when downloaded from Dropbox they are only 860 pixels high.

18 Replies 18

tami o.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I am in the same boat??  My professional photographer uses dropbox and I cannot figure out how to download full sized pics so I can print them   😞  Help please??

Katherine M.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I need help with this too! My photos are now stuck on dropbox, and I can't get the hi res versions off. Hitting the download button doesn't do it. It downloads the preview version which is too small for print projects. 

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Katherine M. The web pages download button does NOT download the preview it downloads the original file.

However if your right clicking on the preview and selecting a context menu to download image, then that is the image you right clicked on.

Katherine M.8
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

>When I open up the file I have downloaded from the webpage, it shows the size down from 3.4 MB to 777KB?</p>

DaveC2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Im not really interested in seeing some size of file as shown in some photo viewer where it looks like your rescaling it and that is the resulting file size, which even mentions the original size.

I would suggest you check the FILE size on the hard drive using a file browser (finder?)

Walter L.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I realised that I can download full size in my mobile for single file, each time through fhis method.

1. Run the dropbox app.
2. When shown a list of photos, click on the [pull down menu] on the right.
3. Select export
4. Click on [save to device]

My mobile [download folder] shows the full size image. Have not tries if can do the same for [all images].

Walter L.3
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Found out that you can download All Images this way:

1. Run the DropBox app ( i am using an Andriod mobile)
2. Depress or touch one image slightly longer to bring up the [selection option]
3. Select all the images that you want to download
4. At the top right of the screen, click on the [option selector menu]
5. Click on [Save to device]

Done.

fastfwdpr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hi! how you can download from Dropbox high resolution photos?

helleboreo
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am working from a desktop and want to download a LOT of photos that are large size images, about 16 to 20Mb each. I can get a full size image one at a time, but if I select multiple images I get a zip which has downsized images. I don't look foward to a job of downloading over 200 images one by one. Is there a workaround for this to get the full size easily in a group?

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter L.3 New member | Level 2
    DaveC2 New member | Level 1
    Katherine M.8 New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?