cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos folder/tab is empty & camera uploads is the only place I can find my files

Photos folder/tab is empty & camera uploads is the only place I can find my files

chrisrazzell
Helpful | Level 6

My Photos folder is empty but uploaded photos are chowing only in Camera Uploads, this only changed today. help please?

62 Replies 62

chrisrazzell
Helpful | Level 6

Yes still a problem for me

derRobsi
Explorer | Level 4

yes!

Rich
Super User II

@CharlieWindsor wrote:

... but please remember Dropbox is a 24/7 365 Global file hosting company being paid good money for such a service, across the globe they don't all go home at weekends.

Dropbox Support does not work weekends or holidays.

deborama19
Helpful | Level 5

Yeah I tried that too, love how they say everything is operational when it is IMPOSSIBLE that this issue is anywhere but on their end. They really need to report a problem so people don't keep thinking their devices are malfunctioning. 

I just got a totally form email from them asking me to do the same old things--clear my cache, log out and log in again, try another browser, try incognito mode, try another device. I've done all that. I'm not disabling all my plugins--THEY'RE NOT THE PROBLEM. 

The email also asked me when the issue started although that information is STATED in my original post. I guess bots don't read. 

They took NO responsibility for anything happening (or not happening) on their end. OK, maybe that was a weekend response (but in a world where everybody works all the time, I don't think "we don't work weekends" is a reasonable response for PAYING CUSTOMERS). 

It's Monday now so let's see if they can fix this thing. We're watching, Dropbox.

deborama19
Helpful | Level 5

THIS! I posted five or six DAYS ago and they just responded, only after many others reported the same thing. And they STILL haven't admitted there's a problem on their status page, you're right, it's incredible I completely agree that this is a huge, rich company that is selling 24/7/365 service and should PROVIDE SAME. 

Just STOP with all the BS about clearing caches and logging out and in again. We've all been on the internet for 25 years or more at this point and WE KNOW ALL THAT. We TRIED all that before we came here asking for help. It boggles my mind that they think we're so stupid. I'm very unimpressed with their actions in this matter.

deborama19
Helpful | Level 5

"We don't work weekends" is an entirely unacceptable excuse. The guy who founded Dropbox and still owns 20% of it is worth $2.2 billion. He can afford to hire some people to work weekends. Tired of these excuses. I pay every day, I want the effing service every day.

CharlieWindsor
Helpful | Level 6

@Rich  .... "Dropbox Support does not work weekends or holidays." With the greatest respect as you do a lot of good in this forum  ... They do "

Caroline dodds
New member | Level 2
Gone to view all my photos and they have all disappeared. Can anyone help me get them back. I'm only on the basic account. Thank you.

derRobsi
Explorer | Level 4
There is an option to "Reset Photo Tab". Find ir on Settings in the app at the end of the list. This will completely delete the content of that tab, but then there will be a timeout. It will not rebuild the photo tab content. So I think that's where you have to look, dear Dropbox team. And yes: give us the ability to rebuild the index whenever we need to.

KateRobert
Helpful | Level 6

Megan,   This is happening to many users, the problem is at Dropbox and not user end… 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

KateRobert Helpful | Level 6
    derRobsi Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?