cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photos folder is empty

Photos folder/tab is empty & camera uploads is the only place I can find my files

chrisrazzell
Helpful | Level 6

My Photos folder is empty but uploaded photos are chowing only in Camera Uploads, this only changed today. help please?

47 Replies 47

JulsSeck
Explorer | Level 4
This must be a Dropbox issue not a user issue. Our photos are there in the appropriate upload folders we have selected but not showing in the photos section/tab (the area must people will access to view). It is not specific to iOS, it is not related to app version. It is not related to cookies & caches. Logged out / logged in.

Please confirm Dropbox!!

JulsSeck
Explorer | Level 4
I am having exactly the same issue - I spotted it just after midnight after I had finished uploading a bunch of photos. There is nothing appearing in the photos section on my iPhone, iPad or laptop. You get a rotating square going round and round. The desktop version says “connecting to server”, then “this may take a moment”, then “almost there”. But nothing!!!

-Lisa-
Helpful | Level 5

So here’s where we’re at:

Device 1 iPhone iOS 17.7 app v396.2.6

Device 2 iPad iOS 17.7 app v396.2.6

Web, windows laptop

On all three of the above I have stuff showing in Camera uploads and Home but nothing in Photos.

File types are .jpg, .png and .mov, file size varies between 100kb and 30mb, all have been uploaded via the app.

The amount of storage used would seem to indicate (for me at least) the files are there but just not being shown.

I have checked the deleted items and events page but found nothing relevant.

Clear cache - had no effect.

Reset photos tab - temporarily swapped the spinning square on the Photos tab for the message ‘No photos uploaded yet’, but next time you open the app it’s back to the spinning square again.

Delete app, reboot device, reinstall app - had no effect.

I created a subfolder in Camera uploads, took some new photos, moved some stuff around, renamed them but still nothing shows in Photos.

Others are now reporting the same thing so this is clearly becoming a more widespread Dropbox issue.

Hopefully we users have now provided enough info for the devs to track this down and solve it. Good luck.

deborama19
New member | Level 2

I've also tried logging out and logging back in again as was suggested in the Help files. No dice. It's now been four days of this. Please don't make me switch to Google Drive. I really like how Dropbox works WHEN IT WORKS. I pay quite a bit of money for this service and I think it should work ALL THE TIME. 

Polst88
New member | Level 2
I’m having exactly the same issue as is my wife so another two customers here with this new problem.

Charlie  Windsor
Helpful | Level 5

Similar issues to others in this post .... no photos being shown on Dropbox.com - tried different bowsers cleared the cache etc ...  Screen shot below showing the same status after 1 hour approx... 

CharlieWindsor_0-1728235797541.png

-Lisa-
Helpful | Level 5

It looks like the Dropbox forum staff don’t work weekends but hopefully this thread will be read on Monday and the issue will be logged as a fault and passed over to the developers for a speedy resolution. Fingers crossed.

Charlie  Windsor
Helpful | Level 5

Maybe, hopefully, they are trying to fix the indexing issue for large photo collections .... 

Website Photos view is slow - The Dropbox Community (dropboxforum.com)

TomerA
Explorer | Level 4

Just adding that i`m getting the same issue  , on website and mobile app (2 seperate android devices ,tried clear cache,delete content,reinstall etc)  - photos folder not working

also error when i try to open a support case...

KateRobert
Helpful | Level 6

I have IOS 18.0.1. and it’s the same problem. The problem also happens on Samsung phone and on MacOs… everything works fine except that Photo is empty… I

Need more support?