cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF files thumbnails don't show for files inside the Dropbox folder.

PDF files thumbnails don't show for files inside the Dropbox folder.

Ehab_Elsawy
Explorer | Level 4

My computer stop showing the PDF thumbnails. Any PDF file outside the dropbox can show thumbnails. Any PDF file inside the dropbox cannot show the thumbnail. Is there any solution?

5 Replies 5

Vicker
Super User

Hi, @Ehab_Elsawy ,

Did you try to change the files to be available offline? You may refer to the following official documentation for the steps involved.

How to make a file or folder available offline

https://help.dropbox.com/sync/access-files-offline#:~:text=Next%20to%20or%20under%20the,storage%20sp....

Cheers

Vicker

Ehab_Elsawy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, @Vicker 

Thank you for sending your message. The files are already available offline. The strange thing is that I have 2 computers, and both have the same settings, but one is showing the thumbnails and the other is not.

Vicker
Super User

Hi, @Ehab_Elsawy ,

Whether the preview thumbnails to be generated or not is more of the operating system's side than the Dropbox side. One more steps you may try is to simply restart the computer.

May I also know if you are on a macOS or Windows?

Cheers

Vicker

Ehab_Elsawy
Explorer | Level 4

Hi, @Vicker 

I'm using windows 11 on both computers. As I explained to you, the files inside the dropbox folder stopped showing the PDF thumbnails, but in other folders everything is OK.

Ehab_Elsawy_0-1703670379858.png

This is the view from one folder inside the dropbox.

Ehab_Elsawy_1-1703670482487.png

This is the files at downloads folder outside the dropbox. That is why I belive the problem is related to some settings in the dropbox.

Vicker
Super User

Hi, @Ehab_Elsawy ,

Google-ing around, it does seem to be a Windows level issue. Anyways, please take a look into this external article that provides a few tricks, hopefully one of those may help.

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-windows-11-folder-thumbnails-6455703

Cheers

Vicker

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Vicker Super User
    Ehab_Elsawy Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?