cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Syncing issues

My Dropbox files are trying to sync with OneDrive so I cannot open these on my laptop. What do I do?

hvitale
New member | Level 2

My Dropbox files are trying to sync with OneDrive instead so I cannot open these on my laptop, how do I stop this

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

You need to move the files out of the OneDrive folders and put them in to Dropbox instead. 

Make sure they have downloaded and are local and not just shortcut files

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hvitale
New member | Level 2
If there were multiple users on the Dropbox would this happen to everyone?

Mark
Super User II

If it is a shared folder and they have tried to double sync, yes, as Dropbox would sync those changes. 

By that I mean if one user has moved their Dropbox into a OneDrive folder. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?