cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I want to upload 10 000 pictures

I want to upload 10 000 pictures

Mads
Explorer | Level 3

I have an iPhone 7 with 9625 pictures and 228 videos. It's full now, and I'm desperate to empty my phone. I want to move all these images and videos to folders on my PC (Windows 10). 

I've had three different iPhones, and I've always connected it to the PC with a cable, and then it has appeared on my PC as a device. I've then found the iPhone folders and copied and pasted pictures and videos. 

But my iPhone 7 does not appear as an device, although I get a confirmation sound when I connect the cable, and I also approve the connection in a pop up box on my phone. I've also tried to upload via the Photos program on my PC, but Photos keep saying that I have to "connect device" – although it is connected. Something is wrong. 

I have iCloud, and all of my images and videos appear on iCloud.com, but I can download only one at a time. 

I have now signed up for Dropbox, but I don't find out how I can transfer thousands of pictures from my iPhone to my PC. Anyone who knows if Dropbox can fix this? I would be very thankful! 🙂

Mads, Norway

12 Replies 12

Mark
Super User II
Dropbox wont be able to help if your device wont connect to the computer - thats something you need to get Apple to help with.

However, you could try adding the 'Dropbox' app to the phone and then allowing Camera Uploads which will do the same thing

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mads
Explorer | Level 3

My phone connects to the computer, but it doesn't show up. But if it did, how would I be able to upload 10 000 pictures from my PC to Dropbox? What's the procedure. 

Mark
Super User II
You can either use Camera Upload from the installed software (www.dropbox.com/install), move the photos to Dropbox's own folder or use the mobile app as I said above.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Mads
Explorer | Level 3

I have installed the Dropbox software on my PC, but with camera upload I have to find the pictures in a folder, right? iPhone images are not meant to being transferred this way. Sometimes they are separated into many different folders. Isn't there a smoother and easier way to move the pictures from iPhone to Dropbox on PC?

I also have the app, and I would like to show you a screen shot. But how do I upload a picture here? "Insert/edit image" above here, didn't make sense to me. 

Mark
Super User II
No. Camera upload is automatic. You just connect your phone and let it work.

Camera Upload will upload your camera roll only - it will upload them without any albums or orders and rename them as the date and time they were taken. www.dropbox.com/help/289 has the info

If you want to do them in another order Dropbox wont work, you'll need to get them to your computer via another method and then put in to Dropbox.

Mads
Explorer | Level 3
I have connected my iPhone to my PC, and I have opened Dropbox. How do I start camera upload?

I have the Dropbox app, and my pictures are not uploaded. It says "waiting to upload", but nothing happens. "Pictures" at the bottom is marked red and the number 9049. It seems like it has detected (most of) my pics, but I can't see 9049 pictures.

This is a nightmare. iCloud is terrible, and I signed up to DP to solve this problem. I still can't transfer my 10 000 pictures from my iPhone to my PC easily.

Mark
Super User II
Have you followed the instructions in the link I gave you to turn on camera upload on the computer? Note that this will only work is the iPhone is seen and detectable by the computer (which from your first post may not be the case).

From the app on your phone have you given it time to upload them to Dropbox from the app? It isnt instant.

Rich
Super User II
If the phone isn't appearing as an imaging device, then you likely don't have the correct drivers installed for it. That, or you haven't trusted the computer on the phone. Also, make sure you have the latest iTunes installed, then try again.

Mads
Explorer | Level 3

I obviously have problems with connecting my iPhone to my computer. I'll take that with Apple. But my Dropbox app should be ok. I have turned on "camera upload", but I would like to show you a screen shot. It seems like a lot of pictures are waiting to download, but it seems like nothing is happening. 

I clicked on the camera symbol above here, but I didn't understan how to upload a picture.

Need more support?