cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No option to "show in file explorer"

I no longer see the "Open in > File Explorer" option on the Dropbox website.

juanzorz
Explorer | Level 3

Screenshot_1.png

Hi, I use the dropbox browser version to find files faster and then, I was also able to open/find in location whatever file I needed by right clicking it in-browser and clicking on "Open in\ File Explorer" option and saving time this way instead of digging through the folders manually.

Now I don't know what happened but this option has disappeared 

I am using windows 10, i don't think it matters which browser I use, it doesn't appear anymore on chrome, mozilla, opera or brave

Has anybody else run into this problem? screenshot above is from a friend who still has that option available

5 Replies 5

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for posting on our forum today, @juanzorz

Is your Dropbox app up and running at the moment? If yes, what’s the syncing status and app version it reports?

How long has it been since the last time you could see this option on your Dropbox account? Are you on a personal account or a Business team (you can double check this here)?

Let me know what you find.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

juanzorz
Explorer | Level 3

Yes dropbox app is working fine

My file sync is up to date, I am on version v202.4.5551

The last time I did this must have been about 3 or 4 weeks ago, since then the option disappeared for me.... I have both personal account and business team, only need this for business team though

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for checking! Is there any chance your team admin changed any settings in the meantime, causing the option to disappear? 

Your friend who can still see this option, are they part of the same Business team?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

juanzorz
Explorer | Level 3

Hello

No the team admin has not made any changes on our settings, yes my friend is on the same business team, I asked two more and one of them has the same problem as me and another one doesn't

So far me + person B have the issue

Then we have the team account (Person A) + Person C who can still use the show in file explorer function

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @juanzorz,

Try figure out if something prevents opening network port on 127.0.0.1:17600 and/or prevents browser access to there. Dropbox application while running listens on there. When you open Dropbox site, it tries connect there (so the page recognize running application) and if the connection is unsuccessful, the site assumes no local application runs and removes all local handlers (including Open in File Explorer). Typical "guilty" is some security software or similar. Check network limitations settings on all similar tools on your machine.

Good luck.

Need more support?