cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see my files, folders or sidebar

I can't see my files, folders or sidebar

KJ Herbs
Helpful | Level 6

Been working with DB for quite a while Today, I've attempted to load, reload, restart computer, reload...you know the drill. WHat is going on?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BenDBX
Community Manager

Hi Everybody,

Our engineering team has implemented a fix. Please let me know if you are still unable to see any elements of Dropbox on your browser and I'll make sure that information is passed along for further investigation.

Thanks,

Ben

View solution in original post

50 Replies 50

Rich
Super User II

@KJ Herbs wrote:

Been working with DB for quite a while Today, I've attempted to load, reload, restart computer, reload...you know the drill. WHat is going on?

We'd need to understand the problem you're having before we can answer that. There are no current issues with the service.

KJ Herbs
Helpful | Level 6

Hi Rich, I cant see the folders, files, or the left navigation bar with all our folders. When I do see them after restarting the computer, upon opening a folder, there are no files visible. THis has never happened in the 1+ year of using DB.

Kate

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Does the issue persist after clearing your browser's cache or on another browser, Kate?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Tyler5494
Helpful | Level 5

I think dropbox is having issues as a whole  right now for certain users, because I'm also experiencing problems viewing the dropbox homepage. Other pages on the website load and work fine, but  when I try to access https://www.dropbox.com/home 

It just loads for 5-10 minutes with the loading icon in the center, and then as that disappears, it just stays blank. I've tried different browsers, clearing my cache, etc.

Update: It randomly decided to start working again. If it starts having issues, I'll edit this.

Update #2: It, once again, decided not to work. Same problem as before.

KJ Herbs
Helpful | Level 6

Ahh Haa! Clearing the cache did the trick. Thank you!😉

KJ Herbs
Helpful | Level 6

I cleared the cache and was able to do some work, and download a few files. Now the field is back to blank. Very frustrating!!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Sorry to hear this, @KJ Herbs. Are you seeing the same thing on a different browser/incognito mode?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

owenmolava
New member | Level 2

I've had the same issue since yesterday—nothing loading. Cleared cache, used different browsers, restarted, and used different computers. You all still have an issue going on whether you'd like to admit it or not. 

epolito
Helpful | Level 6

I have been having the same issue all day. No problems yesterday or ever before. Refreshing will bring back the pane at times but not the folders, other times just a blank page, other times the folders with no pane. Happening on edge, chrome, tried different computers windows 7 windows 10 and windows 11. iOS is ok. Cleared cache, reset browser settings, disabled extensions nothing works. Noticed a message saying Dropbox web just got updated maybe that screwed something for some users on some browsers?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

henry18 New member | Level 2
    CPDev Explorer | Level 3
    BenDBX Community Manager
    RS2618 New member | Level 2
    Tyler5494 Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?