cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't open most of my notes in Paper on Android

I can't open most of my notes in Paper on Android

Paul M.82
New member | Level 2

I created a bunch of notes in Paper about two years ago. When I try to open them now in Android, most of them won't open. I notice the Paper app itself hasn't been updated in 2 years. Has it just been mothballed? Is there any hope that Dropbox will implement native Markdown support? Or should I just convert my notes to plaintext?

P.

2 Replies 2

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Paul M.82 - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

May I ask if you're able to open those files through a web browser normally?

Also, what is your device's OS version and the version of the app you're using?

As for the markdown support, you can up-vote this idea to show your interest in this functionality. 

Let us know of any updates!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Merdemerey
Explorer | Level 3

It could be because Paper might not be fully compatible with your Android version. Have you tried updating both the Paper app and your phone's software? Sometimes that fixes these kinds of issues. Also, check the file formats of your notes. Sometimes different apps don't handle certain file types well. If they're in a format that Paper doesn't support well on Android, that could be the problem. If none of that helps, you might want to consider trying out a different note-taking app altogether. I've heard good things about https://notesonline.com/notepad —it's straightforward and might work better for what you need.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Merdemerey Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?