cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: restore individual file to desktop

I can't copy and paste files into a flash drive, why?

po8eer1
Explorer | Level 3

I cannot click on individual file then copy/paste into flash drive or basically anywhere. 

I am not computer literate. Certain files have time sensitive info that I need to access and move immediately.

DropBox use to be simple and easy to work with, now no longer.

Some stupid 30-something thought they could make a better mousetrap and ignored us older folks that did not grow up with computers

need help fast..........

6 Replies 6

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @po8eer1, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Just for clarification, are you referring to a file that has synced to your computer into the Dropbox folder, or are you downloading a file from the Dropbox site directly?

What error are you getting exactly? 

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

po8eer1
Explorer | Level 3

Did you not actually read my post or did you just skim through it? I don't like computers! Your questions are in a language I do not understand. And why is DropBox now automatically deleting my older files as opposed to putting them in an ARCHIVE folder and leave them where I can still access them. 

po8eer1
Explorer | Level 3

I should have mentioned previously that my primary email account is: [Removed as per Community Guidelines]

The gmail account was initially meant to be used for my writings. There was a time when I tried to keep a business account. Now I rarely use it. If it's not to much trouble, please address correspondence to the verizon account. I will see your responses faster. Thank you.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

In order to understand what you're experiencing, we need to know how you're accessing your files on Dropbox, and what error you're getting. 

Are you logging into the Dropbox site and downloading the files from there? Do you instead have the desktop app installed and the files are on your computer? Are you using this account or the other account to access those files?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

po8eer1
Explorer | Level 3

First, thank you for dumbing down your answer so I can understand it.

I do have a desktop button marked Dropbox. But I also want to transfer files to a flash drive. Not just a link but the actual file severed from DropBox. If the original file is still somewhere within my compuker, I don't know how to find it. And since you changed the format of DropBox, it's more difficult for me to navigate. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Could you try these steps to see if you can find the Dropbox folder on your computer. 

The files in the Dropbox folder could be copied to a flash drive.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?