cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop & unlink the automatic downloads to Dropbox?

How to stop & unlink the automatic downloads to Dropbox?

Grammie60
Helpful | Level 6

I was linked from an Epson Fast Foto 680W-FF photo scanner, software, to Dropbox.  On the old Epson Fast Foto you had to be connected to Dropbox. I have a new Epson Fast Foto, same machine, new software. I don't have to use Dropbox anymore in Fast Foto. I used it on the new machine to start with, until I figured out how to not use it. Somehow, I am still linked to Dropbox.

I figured out today how to go to Dropbox.com, rather than the Dropbox app and I started moving folders off Dropbox and deleting the folder on Dropbox after I moved the folder out. For some reason as I was cleaning up my downloads on my MacBook and moving the download folders my Mac documents, the folders are going to Dropbox!

I am very disappointed  that writing on this platform is the best Dropbox can do for a Basic:/ I am not computer savvy. I learned deleting folders on Dropbox from the App, means I completely lose the folder everywhere! don't ask me how I figured out how to delete folders from Dropbox.com instead:/

2 Replies 2

Grammie60
Helpful | Level 6

This is still Grammie60. I ran out of space and I don't know how to edit after I sent my message:/

My goal is, I'm trying to get off Dropbox because I don't need it anymore, but I have thousands of photos and documents to move out of Dropbox first. It would kill me to lose my hard work. I don't know what I'm doing and I'm very frustrated:(

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey there, @Grammie60, let's jump right into this! 

Based on all the info you shared, I understand that you're currently using Dropbox Backup, and that you wish to find a way to delete and disable it, while keeping your content. 

Feel free to have a look at the relevant Help Center article, and let me know if you need any help with the steps there.

I'll be waiting for your update!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Grammie60 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?