cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup my files to Dropbox?

How to backup my files to Dropbox?

Parthena
New member | Level 2

I used to love Dropbox and it seemed to function like any other folder. Now I am totally confused. I don't know how to have everything backed up automatically and I can't seem to find what I want when I open Dropbox online. I paid for the entire year and am thinking about cancelling it altogether, so I wonder if I can get a partial refund if I can't get it to work for me. I guess that was more than one question.

3 Replies 3

Mark
Super User II

Hi @Parthena 

Not sure what you are after? Dropbox backup doesnt backup 'everything' it backs up certain folders (usually Documents, Downloads, Desktop). It isnt designed to do 'everything' so you couldnt use it to do a full rebuild if your hard drive died for example. 

Also, in backup you cannot access or manipulate the files - i.e. the are there backed up and you can restore them. You cannot go on and download 1 or 2 if you need just those. It doesnt work like the syncing does. 

In terms of refunds, sadly, they are only given if legally required within first 14 days

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Parthena
New member | Level 2

Thank you very much for replying. I was trying to select and put back on my computer certain files. I had my computer serviced and between my desktop, laptop, and portable hard and flash drives, everything is in disorder. I thought to get them ton one place and use Duplicate File Finder to reduce multiple copies. It looks as though Dropbox on my computer and dropbox online are different. Another confusion. Somehow, not having used it for a number of years has left me head scratching!

Mark
Super User II

If you arent using backup and just using standard sync you should be able to see them at www.dropbox.com/home 

If its backup it is at www.dropbox.com/backups

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Parthena New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?