cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do I copy specific files from Google Drive to Dropbox without downloading and uploading them

How do I copy specific files from Google Drive to Dropbox without downloading and uploading them?

Victor L.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello. I have a paid Google Drive account, but am thinking about ending my plan with them and moving to Dropbox. I would like to move specific files and folders without downloading and uploading them, as I have dozens of GBs to move, and my Internet connection isn't the fastest.

I did a Google search and found third-party programs and browser extensions that can do this, but would rather use a more official and trustworthy way, if possible.

If third-party software is the only thing available, is it safe to trust them with my credentials and files? Also, which would you recommend? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
There isnt a way to do it natively with Dropbox I'm afraid

Mover.io always seems to be a good system to use - I've seen it recommended by some companies I personally use, and trust, before.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
There isnt a way to do it natively with Dropbox I'm afraid

Mover.io always seems to be a good system to use - I've seen it recommended by some companies I personally use, and trust, before.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Victor L.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you for the information and suggestion. It's strange to me that despite these cloud services companies competing heavily against each other, Dropbox does not create a native solution so that it will be easier for people to migrate to Dropbox.

Do you have a free service you'd recommend? I'm just trying to do a one-time migration without sync, and these are personal files, so I'd rather not pay for it, especially because I'll be paying for both Google Drive and Dropbox concurrently for a while. Thanks!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
I dont know of any other service I'm afraid.

And I suppose part of the issue with things like this is whether the third party (in this case Google) has the appropriate systems in place to allow it to happen (API wise)

I remember when Mover first started out they used their servers as a mini-stop gap so not sure if thats still the same?

CristianCC
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi @Victor L.5 you can try CloudSwap.io to copy files from Google Drive to Dropbox without downloading and uploading. I used in the past to migrate from G Drive to Dropbox and it worked flawlessly.

Here's also a youtube tutorial that I found which explains the migration process from Dropbox to Google Drive:

https://youtu.be/UoaWIFs5oas

How to migrate from Google Drive to Dropbox. Automatically move and copy files and folder from #Google Drive to #Dropbox. Link to CloudSwap Website: http://bit.ly/yt-gd-db-tutorial Tutorial on how to transfer files from one cloud storage to another: https://bit.ly/migrate-data-tutorial Learn how ...
Need more support?