cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I check IP address of file access?

How can I check IP address of file access?

rose_lumenora
New member | Level 2

Hi all - 

This weekend, I received an email that my files had been moved and/or added to my dropbox account.  How can I tell how they were moved, if they were downloaded, etc? 

Someone has hacked my computer (perhaps my flat mate), recently and having dates of actions etc. would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Rich
Super User II

@rose_lumenora wrote:

How can I tell how they were moved, if they were downloaded, etc? 

You can see the events that occurred on your Events page. You can see the web sessions and devices linked to your account, along with their IP addresses, on your Security page. There's no way to see the specific IP address that has accessed/moved/deleted a file.

stefimanafi
New member | Level 2

My account was hacked on 7th & 8th of September, I discovered that on that date the person that had access restored deleted files and after 10 minutes was deleted again.

In my personal account\security web browser history is deleted.

How can I be informed the IP address of the browser connected at those dates?

Rich
Super User II

@stefimanafi wrote:

In my personal account\security web browser history is deleted.

How can I be informed the IP address of the browser connected at those dates?

If the session is no longer shown on your Security page, then there's no way to know the IP address.

LauraKlin
Explorer | Level 4

If I understand correctly, you need a single output, where the open file will correspond to the address of the PC, while in the proposed options, such mapping is only for the user name.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LauraKlin Explorer | Level 4
    Rich Super User II
    stefimanafi New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?