cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a 'Failed to fetch' error

Getting a 'Failed to fetch' error

Tidalshine
New member | Level 2

Everything was working fine until about 10am this morning. Suddenly none of my uploaded photos are avaliable to be seen on the photos tab. They still exist in the files section, but the photos tab is completely broken.
Loads nothing, cycles endlessly with intermittent messages saying "failed to fetch, try again later".

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tidalshine, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you experiencing this on the Dropbox site, desktop app or the mobile app?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tidalshine
New member | Level 2
All three, each platform shows signs that it's clearly trying to sync data. Briefly showing loading icons on the desktop, and showing a loading sync bar across the top of the screen on mobile. However each fails to complete any form operation and then claims no photos or video exist, or displays previously mentioned failed to fetch error.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

We are currently experiencing some issues with the service, we'll keep you updated with any new information.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

deborama19
New member | Level 2

I have been having this issue for four days now on my laptop. First time after YEARS of using Dropbox successfully and recomminging it to many people. WHERE ARE MY PHOTOS? Why are they not being shown? I have checked my settings and everything is in order. Dropbox can no longer fetch my photos on my phone (which is not a new phone) or my laptop, using any number of browsers. WHAT IS GOING ON and HOW CAN I FIX IT?

JulsSeck
Explorer | Level 4
I am having exactly the same issue - I spotted it just after midnight after I had finished uploading a bunch of photos. There is nothing appearing in the photos section on my iPhone, iPad or laptop. You get a rotating square going round and round. The desktop version says “connecting to server”, then “this may take a moment”, then “almost there”. But nothing!!!

deborama19
New member | Level 2

I've also tried logging out and logging back in again as was suggested in the Help files. No dice. It's now been four days of this. Please don't make me switch to Google Drive. I really like how Dropbox works WHEN IT WORKS. I pay quite a bit of money for this service and I think it should work ALL THE TIME. 

anondropboxuser
New member | Level 2

I am getting this same error -- is this an issue on Dropbox's end? Very concerning, not sure why I am paying if you are losing my data

erichusted
New member | Level 2

Same issue here. I thought it was because I was at 99.5% full, but I upgraded my plan and am still having this issue. (Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra) No previous issues like this.

deborama19
New member | Level 2

Yep I checked that too but my Dropbox is far from full and there's plenty of space on both my Samsung 21+ and on my laptop. With all the people here reporting the same issue, it seems like the problem must be on their end. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM  YOU, Dropbox! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Grockle New member | Level 2
    deborama19 New member | Level 2
    erichusted New member | Level 2
    anondropboxuser New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?