cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finder unable to locate Dropbox folder after update to v159.4.5870. MacOS Ventura

Finder unable to locate Dropbox folder after update to v159.4.5870. MacOS Ventura

jareth_atian
New member | Level 2

Prior to updating to v159.4.5870, my local Dropbox folder was in /Users/<username>/Dropbox; after updating, the folder was either moved or deleted...and can no longer be found.

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II

@jareth_atian wrote:

Prior to updating to v159.4.5870, my local Dropbox folder was in /Users/<username>/Dropbox; after updating, the folder was either moved or deleted...and can no longer be found.

Apple now requires the Dropbox folder to be located in your Library/CloudStorage folder.

jareth_atian
New member | Level 2

Okay. I don't have a Library/CloudStorage folder. The folder does not exist. 

jareth_atian
New member | Level 2

I do not have a Library/CloudStorage folder. That folder does not exist on my Mac.

jareth_atian
New member | Level 2

No ~Library/CloudStorage folderNo ~Library/CloudStorage folder

Rich
Super User II

@jareth_atian wrote:

I do not have a Library/CloudStorage folder. That folder does not exist on my Mac.

Could it be hidden? I'm not a Mac user so I can't really help further. I can only point you to the FAQ that I posted previously.

vbaarda
Helpful | Level 6

Take a look in your own Library folder, not the system one.  Example: /Users/xyz/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox

MikeThomas
New member | Level 2

In the Finder, hold down the Option key and click the "Go" menu on the top bar. When the option key is held down, the Library will appear in the list of folders and locations. Click on Library, and there you will find the "CloudStorage" folder where you can access the Dropbox folder directly, make an alias, whatever you need.

library.jpg.img.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 1.57.24 PM.png

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MikeThomas New member | Level 2
    vbaarda Helpful | Level 6
    Rich Super User II
    jareth_atian New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?