cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files in Mobile Apps Not Syncing

Files in Mobile Apps Not Syncing

calvinhouse
Explorer | Level 4

I saved some files into the Dropbox file on my PC. Two hours later they have not shown up in my account at dropbox.com nor in the apps on my iPad and my Android phone. How can I fix this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II

Have you checked if Dropbox is running on your PC? 

What does it say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

Have you checked if Dropbox is running on your PC? 

What does it say if you mouse over its icon on the status bar?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

calvinhouse
Explorer | Level 4

I started Dropbox up and the files appeared in the other applications. Does this mean that I should start Dropbox each time I log into my PC? Is there a way to keep it running?

Thanks very much.

Mark
Super User II

Dropbox needs to be running to sync. It should auto start up unless you've altered this. 

Possibly worth reinstalling and seeing what happens? www.dropbox.com/downloading 

calvinhouse
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks. I'll make sure it is autostarting.

tonyusna60
Helpful | Level 5

I have a similar issue - I uploaded pictures from my Android phone to my Dropbox on my phone. They show up online but NOT IN my Win 11 computer Dropbox.

Mark
Super User II

@tonyusna60 wrote:

I have a similar issue - I uploaded pictures from my Android phone to my Dropbox on my phone. They show up online but NOT IN my Win 11 computer Dropbox.

Have you followed the advice already given? I.e. made sure its running on your computer

tonyusna60
Helpful | Level 5

I reinstalled Dropbox and the problem disappeared. Thanks.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tonyusna60 Helpful | Level 5
    Mark Super User II
    calvinhouse Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?