cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files from a different device don't appearing on my other device.

Files from a different device don't appearing on my other device.

justaguy_4
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, so I've moved some screenshots and .mkv recordings in the Dropbox folder from my windows 11 pro laptop and for some reason even if I refresh the page or even restart my phone the screenshots and the videos both don't appear and I don't know why this happens because a few months ago it worked just fine! Also I do not have Dropbox subscriptions because I only have Dropbox basic and I don't have Dropbox teams aswell as it's just me. One user using this tool, any help?

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

Can you see the files if you go to www.dropbox.com/home on both devices? 

My guess here is you are accidentally using 2 different accounts. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

justaguy_4
Explorer | Level 3

Hm, definitely not using 2 different accounts since I've only made 1 Dropbox account. 1. And for some reason on both devices it doesn't appear (website) for me it only appears on the folder PC version of it.

Mark
Super User II

If thats the case is Dropbox running on your PC? Can you see it in the status bar? If so what does it say if you mouse over it?

If not restart the application 🙂 Or consider a reinstall - www.dropbox.com/downloading

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

justaguy_4
Explorer | Level 3

what.png

 this is whats happening (sorry if its low quality i just drag and dropped this image)

Mark
Super User II

Have you done what I suggested @justaguy_4 ?

Dropbox is just a folder on your device like any other. So unless the software is running they'll sit there as your image shows because that is what they are - files in a folder. 

justaguy_4
Explorer | Level 3

Since I have already restarted Dropbox and it dont work I will try to reinstall

justaguy_4
Explorer | Level 3

Update: even after reinstalling Dropbox on my device (tablet not PC) it still doesn't show up. Is this normal?

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @justaguy_4, thanks for posting here! 

Would you mind clarifying the app's current syncing status, along with the version you're using, please? 

In the meantime, feel free to also have a look at this Help Center article.

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    justaguy_4 Explorer | Level 3
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?