cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error in accessing files today. "Something went wrong your files are still safe".

Error in accessing files today. "Something went wrong your files are still safe".

Sivia
New member | Level 2

I receive an error (no number) like so:

Error

Something went wrong. Don`t worry, your files are still safe and the Dropbox team has been notified. Check out our Status Page to see if there is a known incident, our Help center and forums for help, or head back to home.

No issues reported today. Anyone??

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sivia, thanks for posting here! 

This is the first report I've seen today. And after checking our status page it seems that everything is operational.

Have you tried an entirely different browser in case this was a browser-specific issue? You could even try an incognito mode, without any plugins there.

Let me know more, I'll be waiting for your update.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sivia
New member | Level 2

Thanks for your reply! Update - I can access my files on a different computer, so it must be a setting on the other computer that is the problem. Both computers are using Safari (mac), and the computer in question is running an older operating system. I am not sure how to run in incognito mode - any suggestions?

Sivia
New member | Level 2

OK, I opened a private window in order to go incognito, and the same error occurs when I log in to Dropbox.

Sivia
New member | Level 2

And now I've been able to open my Dropbox and access files, in a different browser - Firefox. Any ideas why I can't do this in Safari? Thanks so much for your help!

Order991
New member | Level 2

Same problem here. Mac Safari. Used to work, now I get the same error message as you, and NO ACCESS.

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sivia and @Order991. Can you clarify what version of Safari you’re both running at the moment? 

Have you made sure there are no pending updates to be installed on your browsers? 

Have you cleared their cache?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?