cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't access files

Dropbox website not loading. Why?

Emery S
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My 50 person organization is all experiencing Dropbox not loading on the web platform

76 Replies 76

Bmclaren
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Yes I'm referring to the accessing my files via the website.  I've tried each of the things you have suggested.

Same issue with Chrome and Edge.  

Same issue with incognito

Same issue after clearing cashe

This morning I was able to log in and everything looked normal but after logging out and attempting to go back in the same issue presented.  The files were not there, after refreshing they appeared but when I tried to open one I got the spinning box but it never went past that screen.  

Screenshot (15).png

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Sorry to see that you're having this issue, @Dana_HH.

Have you tried from a different browser or a private browsing window, to see if that helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

caseylaughin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Same thing is happening to me. Please help us resolve the issue.

caseylaughin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the same issue

dragonpro1
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having both of those issues and using incognito does not solve the problem.  It seems that when I wait about 10 minutes the account will start working.  If I switch accounts the problem comes back and I have to wait about 10 minutes again for the account to work.

Emery S
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

My staff is still unable to load Dropbox on the web sometimes its the spinning square and sometimes they get the error message. We have tried restarting, different browsers, incognito. Nothing has worked. They can gain access for a few min but if they move to another task and come back it wont load. 

Emery S
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Dropbox web version is not loading for the majority of my staff on and off for the past 48 hours. Sometimes there is an error message and sometimes it just has the spinning box. Screen Shot 2023-11-28 at 12.56.01 PM.pngNov 28th 2023, 11_57 AM.png

Sher Appraiser
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

For the past few days (11/25-28/23) Dropbox won't load in my automatic system using BRAVE as my brower; I made sure I had the latest update of BRAVE and my system will load automatically my dropbox; then when I remove one of the file as it show go back to HOME in my Dropbox, it just won't load. Please adivse... I have to close BRAVE and then start all over again and sometimes it will load and sometime it won't; very frustrating.

G1aHm
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Today's experience in Dropbox constituted of the following: 

- When searching for files, there are long delays and eventually it times out 

- I open files via Microsoft web, and when I close files out by "save and return to" it does the blue square dance for a while and then I get the purple "target" error

- When merging files within dropbox by using the "add page/save as original", getting the blue square dance and eventually turned into the purple "target" error. 

Windows Chrome user 

Dana_HH
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Hannah,

It is working properly now. 

Thank you!

Need more support?