cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Downloading large files

Downloading large files

KimberleyLeahy
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I'm having trouble downloading anything over 2GB. It seems like its downloading but when it comes to decompression stage it errors saying the network connection was lost.

So then I have to go into the folder and download 6 images at a time which is very annoying and time consuming.

How do I fix this (I am in Australia).

Thanks!

16 Replies 16

Steve B.89
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

This is still broken and preventing me from downloading a file I need. Here's a screenshot of what Safari shows after the whole file downloads. It looks like Dropbox hasn't told the browser that the download is over. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 4.35.00 pm.png

I'm looking for another file-sharing service; Dropbox is broken.

marvin_p
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I have the same issue as well on two different macs and I tried both with Chrome and Safari... 

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this!

If you've already tried using another web browser and incognito window to see if there's any difference there, please let me know if you have any antivirus or firewalls running that could be interfering with the download.

Also, please let me know if you have the same issue if you use another WiFi/Internet connection when downloading.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Timpaniboy
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm having the same issues as other people, no antivirus or other software interfering.  There must be some sort of bug with dropbox and safari as it works fine from firefox for me.  Since Dauphine has been less than helpful, I would say that if you want a reliable situation don't use dropbox with safari.  who know when this sort of issue could be fixed.

djlopeznyc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

How is this problem flagged as 'SOLVED" when there was never a solution?

rabbit565
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

there are abunch of threads with this same issue, and they all state SOLVED but they are not .

Whats going on here.....no one is using virus, everyon has stable internet, tried multiple browsers , internet connection is storng and stable .

this should not be happeing when with such a bog company , the leader in online storage . 
we sould able to download a file to out computer reliably 

my file isnt even that big , 2gb. still exact same averyone is describing 

Zyrianbark
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I also had the same problem before but it was solved by using the chrome browser.

Need more support?