cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Share your feedback on the Document Scanning Experience in the Dropbox App right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open two folders at once in order to transfer content easily.

Can't open two folders at once in order to transfer content easily.

LJoyce
New member | Level 2

On my main Dropbox page, I used to have a caret by each folder that I could use to open it and see the items inside in a list form while remaining on the main page.  I did an update and now I have to double click on a folder to open it and it takes me into the folder.  This is a big pain when I want to quickly transfer from one folder to another.  Interestingly, the subfolders still have the caret and I can open subfolders with the caret and remain on the same page.

Hope I'm explaining that correctly.  I've tried every setting I could see to reset it but no luck.  Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @LJoyce, welcome to our Community! 

Could you please send me a couple of screenshots, in order for me to have a visual of this? 

I'd like to see the hierarchy and how it looks on your end when you're trying to view a top folder, versus a subfolder. Also, which platform do you use on your end? 

Let me know more, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Chris Meeks
Dropbox Designer

Hi @LJoyce

If you're referencing the list of folders that was in your left navigation, you can now access that by clicking on the "Folders" element in the left-most navigation.

Hope that helps!

LJoyce
New member | Level 2

Thanks, Megan! The first image shows the main page with no carets to open subfolders.  The second image shows a subfolder which does have links to open subsequent subfolders. 

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.09.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 5.00.38 PM.png

LJoyce
New member | Level 2

Thank you, Chris!  That works for my app on my phone, but not for the desktop version that I use most frequently.   I don't see that folders element in the left-most navigation there.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LJoyce, thanks for your updates and the screenshots!

Since the Dropbox folder is just like any other folder in your Finder, just with syncing abilities, this looks like it has to do more with a setting on your OS rather than Dropbox.

Does the info in this article help you change this?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LJoyce
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the suggestion, Hannah!  I did try to change the settings to see if this would help, but it didn't bring back the carets on the folders on the main page.  Thanks for the help, though!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LJoyce New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Chris Meeks Dropbox Designer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?