cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our friends over at the Dropbox Champions program have some really cool new updates for creatives and we are here to share it with you right here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't open keepass through Dropbox

Can't open keepass through Dropbox

Digger1960
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I tried logging on to keepass it says go to provider which is Dropbox but now Dropbox comes up with KDB files can't be previewed it never said this before am on A71 Samsung Android

28 Replies 28

Digger1960
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi I tried opening in keepass first but see attached screenshots Screenshot_20230918_110736_KeePassDroid.jpg

kev909
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Rich--

I will respond for my own case.  Two easy steps...

1. Open the Android Dropbox client.

2. Tap on the name of my .kdbx file.

This always worked splendidly in two friendly steps until breaking last week with the "Can't preview..." message.

Thanks for your assistance.

--Kevin

Vastly2052
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

.Setting that allows other app to be opened by dropboxSetting that allows other app to be opened by dropboxProblem message. Should open file in other appProblem message. Should open file in other app

I'm having the exact same problem. It always worked in the past but has stopped working now. KeePassDroid should open the file, it should not be attempting to preview it in dropbox.

Vastly2052
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hey Rich,

I noticed on the web app that there is a "redesigned version" of the file view. You can turn it on now, or you can use the old one until 9/28. I switched between the two and I noticed that the old version had an "Open in..." button, and a dropdown menu with "Open in..." as well. The new version doesn't have an option to open in another app at all.

I also noticed that the "Open in..." button no longer works on the old version. Perhaps this is the source of the problem we're having?

Vastly

Digger1960
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Vastley
If I haven't used keepass for a couple of weeks and try to open it it says can't open go to provider which I go to Dropbox and I just used to click on the latest updated keepass and it automatically opened it.
But like you said it now comes up with the screenshot that you get and I get.
So something has changed!
What I did finished up is just using the 3 dots and it comes up with open with and than keepass works fine again.
But not sure why my keepass won't open after not using it for a while.since I opened keepass yesterday it works fine if I open it every day.
Hopefully Dropbox will come up with a solution as to why this has happened when we never had a problem before it must be an update that's through this problem up?

SimonGeorge
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have exactly this same problem too (happy to provide further info if needed)

Tommy-tamari
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I'm having the same issue. Here's a screen shot.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ncQqyod18Ur4P8Tr9
My phone is a Galaxy S23 running Android 13

Vastly2052
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Tried it, this solution works

Digger1960
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi Rich
Sometimes when I have not used keepass for a while it won'tet me open keepass it says go to provider so I normally than go to Dropbox where the updated passwords get backup and I just used to click on it and it opens up keepass I'll send you a screenshot or 2 and thanks

Digger1960
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi rich

It's hard to explain but if I haven't opened keepass for a week it won't open the directory doesn't look right so after I try to put in password I get message go to your profider I only know is if I go to Dropbox where the updates from keepass gos than I usually click on it and keepass opens up and it's fine 

The first screenshot shows you the directory doesn't look right and second screenshot is error I get and third shot is after I gone through Dropbox if this makes sense

Thanks for helpScreenshot_20230918_110736_KeePassDroid.jpgScreenshot_20230918_110531_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20230922_091145_KeePassDroid.jpg

Need more support?