cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can no longer open files on phone

Can no longer open files on phone

Trish8
Explorer | Level 3

Abruptly I can no longer open files on my Android Dropbox ap. Have used it for years, have not made any changes. Linked to my Dropbox on laptop which is still working fine.  Suddenly when I try to open a file it comes up -"Microsoft Office Integration would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox". Has an Allow button. Push that and screen flips back to my folders and still cannot open. Get same message.

3 Replies 3

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Trish8

Welcome to the Dropbox Community.  Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Let us know please

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Trish8
Explorer | Level 3

Rebooted - same message - same thing when hit allow

Chris_J
Super User

Thanks for replying.  What type of phone do you have?  Apple or Android?

also take a look at this forum thread  https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/View-download-and-export/Excel-Files-not-opening-to-edit-in-Excel-fr... 

and see if there is anything you can decipher there

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Need more support?