cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring back the file index

Bring back the file index

Chrisfabs
Explorer | Level 3
Since the update the file index to the right of the screen has disappeared.Being visually impaired it is very important to be able to navigate through files and foldes and the index is especially important if one has many files. The speed of the search function has improved very much but it is difficult to find exactly the file I want since I get too many matches. Therefore the index is much faster to find a file. Your support mensioned that a scroll bar appears when I begin to scroll which is through but voice over does not mension it so it is useless for me. I hope you understand my situation and I am sure that I am not the only one reacting to this.

Best regards

Christian Fabien
3 Replies 3

simonDBX
Dropbox Product Manager

Hey @Chrisfabs - I'm with the Dropbox team. Are you referring to the hierarchical folder tree showing all of your folders in the left side navigation? If so, we are currently testing a version where it is located in the far left menu called 'Folders' (as opposed to 'Home') - we're doing this to default to the Quick Access feature which allows you to customize your left navigation with your favorite files and folders. That being said, the 'Folders' menu will stay open moving forward if that's what you select.

Let me know if the 'Folders' option from the left nav is what you're looking for.

Chrisfabs
Explorer | Level 3
No, I am refering to the alphabetic list along th right side from A to Z which enables me to jumpt to the first file with a filename beginning with the letter I clicked on. the list was availablewith voice over and very convenient.
It disappeared at the beginning of the year due to an update.
Regards

Christtian

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Chrisfabs, can you check out this thread and let me know if it helps?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Chrisfabs Explorer | Level 3
    simonDBX Dropbox Product Manager
What do Dropbox user levels mean?