cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you using the Microsoft co-authoring beta for Dropbox? Share your feedback and learn more about it here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad search results on website and iPhone and iPad apps

Bad search results on website and iPhone and iPad apps

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Yet another search problem on Dropbox website (Windows 10 incognito), iPhone app, and on iPad app. (Yes, all of my apps are up to date.)

I ran a search of CLL LJC and only got one result (a photo that I happened to copy to a different folder) when there is a responsive folder and numerous responsive files therein. I have screenshots to prove it available upon request. I apparently have at least one folder that is not searchable on those platforms - both the folder itself and the contents therein do not show in results of responsive searches. (FYI Subject folder and contents appear to be searchable on Desktop app.)

In addition, searching within that subject folder does not work and does not catch files that I can see are in there.

The biggest concern is the non-searchable files that I do not know about and thus can never fully rely on searches as complete.

Please help....this is so frustrating.......again!

Thanks,

Judith

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @amcoffice, let's jump right into this! 

Does this happen specifically when you search for CLL LJC, or with other files/folders too? 

You mentioned this happens on both the website on your Windows 10, and your mobile app on your iOS devices, right? If you have any screenshots, they are more than welcome, in order for us to have visual too.

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

amcoffice
Collaborator | Level 10

Thank you, Megan, for the prompt response.

Someone in Support is helping me with this. I'll be back if issue not resolved.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

amcoffice Collaborator | Level 10
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?