cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Advanced search based on key phrases

Advanced search based on key phrases

rthrech
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I seriously need advanced searching. 

Dropbox used to have these features (like search exact phrase) in 2015, but somehow removed them. 

So how can I do advanced searching in dropbox?
Like:

List files with age between x and y
Contain the phrase "a b c"
are of type *.pdf

49 Replies 49

thibautbenkei
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Is it possible to have feedback on this issue? You should be ashamed of your search engine.

Come on, a simple search feature on file names with booleans operators. That's the minimum you can do.
I'm sure Chatgpt can write you a code in a minute for that !

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi everyone!

Since there’s a relevant idea about this here, please take the time to vote for it and post there, as it’s easier for our team to see your comments and gather more feedback on this.

Thanks.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

j4m1eb
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

you are joking right? You want us to vote for an idea from 2019.

Just implement proper search like every other cloud service!!!.

LeslieL
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Nancy,

I found in reading this community forum that there was a vote on this already and it appears Dropbox did NOTHING to resolve the issue.  Have you looked at your prices recently? They are NOT cheap and your paying customers do not have time to scroll and scroll looking for answers only to discover there are a bunch of others who are having the same issues and the problem still exists . . . .unresolved!

Why is Dropbox not reading these issues or acting on them?  I found threads going back to 2017 where your customers had asked for a decent search engine.  

Please don't be surprised when your Dropbox executives are sitting around their conference room table scratching their heads wondering where their customers have gone . . .  your customers are speaking and being ignored.  Voting seems to be a total waste of time as its been proven in this community previously.

j4m1eb
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

They do nothing - sync has been broken on mac for a year now, If you open and indesign file it no longer download linked files and this has to be done one by one. They even have a warming when you move files online telling you it doesn't work anymore, just fix it, one drive and google did. If it wasnt such a hassle I would have moved all my companies files to another service.

rhut
Collaborator | Level 8
Go to solution

Hi all!  I'm a Product Manager working on search experiences on Dropbox.com.  We heard your feedback and have started work on introducing new operators to help find your content faster.  Take a look here!  Note that it's probably not everything you're looking for, but we'll add more features over time!

https://help.dropbox.com/view-edit/search

SearchIsWorthless
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Link is broken.

j4m1eb
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Too little too late. I cancelled my account and moved my business over to Onedrive. Saving a small fortune.

j0e
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
That link doesn’t work.
Need more support?