cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my account out of space?

Why is my account out of space?

adrian29630
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

As seems to be the case these days with many "Apps" they want you to buy their product but don't deliver support and want to rely on "Communities". In other words free assistance from other users which costs them nothing but for me at least puts me off ever paying for any of their products!

Now the reason I wanted support.  I was asked to "share" on a Dropbox account. Not my account but someone who asked me to assist in uploading a large quantity of documents in a short space of time.  As far as I am concerned this had and should not have had any involvement with my Dropbox account.  I did not add anything to my account, all the uploads went direct to the Dropbox shared folders.

Now, I constantly receive notifications that my Dropbox is full and that I am Using 34.38 GB of 2 GB space.  How ridiculous is that!!!!! They are trying to sell me more storage when I do not need storage and none of the uploaded files should be in my Dropbox.

I want this resolved. I want my Dropbox cleared of files that should not have ever been added to them.

That's why a support access should be provided to enable faults to be rectified. Some hopes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22 Replies 22

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@adrian29630 wrote:

I did not need to view these, read them, or interact with them just upload them to a folder in Person A's Dropbox account.

The owner of the folder could send you a File Request, which allows you to upload directly to someone else's account. You wouldn't be able to soo or interact with the files after you upload them, and they would never be in your own account.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@ScreamUser1 wrote:

Sorry, Rich. That has to be new.

I'm not sure what specific part you're referring to, but none of this is new. It's how shared folders have worked since their inception.

And answer the question: does your W2 / 1099 come from Dropbox or a parent company or somehow mean you work for them?

No, I don't work for Dropbox. I'm just a user like you.

Coastalvis
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Dropbox is the only file sharing software I have come across like this. Googledrive does not work in this way. You can give someone access to your files with various different permissions. Its only the person hosting the files which has to pay for the space, which is the logical solution. Dropbox has adopted the greedy monitization route with some totally backwards logic to back it all up. like many other users, Dropbox is always harrassing you to upgrade. Im really not sure why people use it over other options. What a load of rubbish, and the support is non existant too.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Coastalvis New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
    dougkepple Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?