cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Why aren't I allowed to get more then 3TB of space on the Dropbox app?

Why aren't I allowed to get more then 3TB of space on the Dropbox app?

Scottez
Explorer | Level 4

Why aren't i allowed to get more then 3TB of space on the Dropbox app? It tells me to upgrade but keeps taking me to a page where i cant upgrade. Why?

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II

As an individual that is the maximum capacity you can have. 

You would need a different plan, probably with more seats: www.dropbox.com/plans show all available options

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Davidatlas21
New member | Level 2
How much free plans allow you to store?

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

@Davidatlas21, free Basic plans provide 2GB of space.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Davidatlas21
New member | Level 2
Okay thanks

nicka12
Dropbox Staff

Hi Scottez.
Since you are using the Dropbox mobile app, 3TB is the largest amount of space that is offered for a plan.

If you sign up for a single seat product on the web you can add more space via a space pack add-on, and more space is also offered via teams products.
But for the app that is the current max.

Scottez
Explorer | Level 4
Gotcha! Next question. If I got more space from the web version would it still go over to the app? Or I could only use that space from the web? (pc)

nicka12
Dropbox Staff

Yes, if you had a subscription through the web and got more space you would have access to it from the app.

Need more support?