cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited storage, backups and large files

Unlimited storage, backups and large files

Pierreke
New member | Level 2

Hi Guys,
I have a question about the use of Dropbox.

We now use Google Drive to sync and backup our computers. We are a video company with a lot of large video files to sync current projects and backup old projects which don't have to be on our computers anymore.

Google changed policy for unlimited space, we need to transfer to another service.

What we need:
- aprox 100TB storage.

- unlimited file size up/download with max speed

- backup of local computers

- ability to have a non-synced backup of selected folders. For unlimited time.

- backup files on a external Mac disk.

Will this work with Dropbox Advanced?
Thanks!

5 Replies 5

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10

Technically, yes this amount of storage would be fine. However, probably due to a lot of people migrating from Google to DropBox, they have stopped giving out large increases for your quota. DB Advanved starts you off at 5TB, once you fill up you have to request more storage. Before they would give you, 50TB, or 100TB of extra space, but they are not doing this anymore. They claim their are system "issues" and will only give you 10TB every 7 days. I would not suggest joining DropBox at this time. Box business will work for you, you just have to use rclome and setup a chunker to split the big files. When you mount your chunked remote tho, all your split files show up as whole files and you can access them as if they are not split. Rclone does all this is the background automatically. 

Bullserve
New member | Level 2

Agree, steer clear. You will not be able to complete your migration for weeks. I didn't not check the forums before committing to a year of service and had no issues until hitting 38TB. I'm also part of the entertainment industry and work for a VFX company.

Alpha4
Helpful | Level 6

I can confirm this message "They claim their are system "issues" and will only give you 10TB every 7 days. " Just chat with them today and got same reply and they said they will reply my request by email.

Now still waiting for more storage as state as "As much as need" in plan detail.

therobbiedavis
Helpful | Level 6

Under ideal circumstances, yes this would work for you but I will also echo recommending to steer clear of Dropbox right now. Others are saying that they are able to get more space after 7 days, but it's been 12 days for me and I still have not gotten any extra space. I requested a full refund and went with box.com's business plus plan instead.

cgi_ltd
Collaborator | Level 10
They are no longer offering 10TB/week, it is now 1TB/per month/no matter how many users you have. They will be offering "paid" upgrades to get additonal storage on a plan that is labeled *as much space as needed" 🤣
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cgi_ltd Collaborator | Level 10
    therobbiedavis Helpful | Level 6
    Alpha4 Helpful | Level 6
    Bullserve New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?