cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage space messages from Dropbox, but I'm only using 117 MB.

Storage space messages from Dropbox, but I'm only using 117 MB.

HJL
Explorer | Level 3

I only have the free "standard" account in Dropbox which is apparently 2Gb of storage.     I only have 3 folders in my account at the moment amounting to around 117 Mb.   However, I keep getting messages from Dropbox saying that I am out of storage, and I haven't been able to add any folder etc for some time.

14 Replies 14

HJL
Explorer | Level 3

Here is the screenshot.   It is showing that "Backup" is taking up all my space.   I have never told it to do a backup.   Is there someway to get rid of this backup?

HJL_0-1729246328306.png

reenshot "hopefully"

abuislam5
Explorer | Level 4
That sounds frustrating! It might be worth checking if there are any hidden files or backups taking up space. Sometimes, deleted files in the 'Deleted files' section can still count against your storage. Have you tried clearing those out?

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Have you tried deleting your backups from the backups page directly @HJL?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

HJL
Explorer | Level 3

I have gone into the "backup" area and done a delete, but it is still saying PC1 has 2.17gb on backup.   Do I need to do something else?

HJL
Explorer | Level 3

I managed to delete the Backup files, and it seems to have fixed the problem.     Thanks for your help and patience.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

HJL Explorer | Level 3
    Walter Dropbox Staff
    abuislam5 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?