cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We been busy working on some major updates to the Community, so check out what's changing, what’s staying the same and what you can expect from the Dropbox Community right here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared folder access

Shared folder access

Sunny111
New member | Level 2

Hi I want to join a shared folder but currently I don't have enough space to do so. I am wondering if I use the 30 days trial to join and after the trial what will happen? Will I be kicked out of the folder?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Mark
Super User II

@Sunny111 wrote:

Hi I want to join a shared folder but currently I don't have enough space to do so. I am wondering if I use the 30 days trial to join and after the trial what will happen? Will I be kicked out of the folder?

Thanks!

If you abuse the system like that then after 30 days your account will stop syncing and you wont be able to add/edit or change any files in the folder until you reduce your quota. If you continue to be over quota files will be deleted from the account to bring you under quota (although this DOES take time - its not instant) these deletions are permanent and you cannot recover. 

Basically. If you want access to a share you need it to fit in your account. If you go over limits, everything stops. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?