cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: please put the storage used meter back to where it was

Please put the storage space count back to where it was on the app's activity monitor.

rachelcenter
Explorer | Level 4

I dont see any way to attach a screenshot to this ticket but when I go to the top right hand corner of my mac computer, theres a dropbox icon to click on, and when you click on it, a menu drops down. then when I click the circle icon of my profile avatar it used to say "using 7 of 15 tb", now it only says "your account has 15 tb storage" . Can you please fix that and put it back to how it said you are "using 7 of 15 tb". I'd really like you put that measurement/data information because it was really useful and now its gone. I noticed it was gone on 6/29/24. I'm pretty sure it was still there earlier this week. Why is it gone? can you fix this?

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rachelcenter, let's jump right into this! 

You should be able to click on the camera-like icon and reply back to me with your screenshots if you wish. 

Are you looking at our desktop app? It sounds like this might be the case. If so, would you mind clarifying the version of the OS and Dropbox app that you're using, please? 

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rachelcenter
Explorer | Level 4

right here it used to say I'm using 7 of 15 tb. now it just says I have 15 tb but doesnt show how much I'm using. someone pointed out that if I go to preferences -> account it'll show me how much I'm using, but you have to dig for that. Can you please put the storage allocation (7 of 15) back to where it used to be instead of just writing my account has 15 tb? This new change takes away helpful information in a place that is readily available/easily accessible/easily viewable.

screenshot.jpg

/

rachelcenter
Explorer | Level 4

v202.4.5551

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @rachelcenter, thanks for the screenshot! 

Your feedback regarding our Dropbox desktop application has been very valuable and I will endeavor to make sure your voice is heard.

I'll forward your feedback to the appropriate areas so we can continue to improve.

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

rachelcenter
Explorer | Level 4

Can I give more feedback about dropbox overall? I'm so disappointed you got rid of unlimited storage. Please reconsider that decision. I'm a huge fan of your product and what it does. It blows the competition out of the water but when you got rid of unlimited, your new pricing structures just didn't make sense to pay that price for the storage you're offering. Please I beg you, please reinstate dropbox unlimited for those customers who werent abusing it (i.e. doing crypto mining).

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Of course you can, @rachelcenter

And thanks for sharing your thoughts about our storage too. 

We listen to your needs because it allows us to fully appreciate how Dropbox fits into and influences your daily routine.

Your comments have been quite helpful, and I will do everything I can to ensure that your voice is heard.

Thank you!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?