cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No additional space on Business Advanced

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

@OfficeInCT 

By us is Dropbox only intended as a disater backup. I have all Data Local with us, our Server have not a High-Speed Upload, and all new Uploaded would take a long time. Me have a Antoher Dropbox business customer written that his Account deleted from dropbox. Round 180 TB gone.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

@HWG-1  why ?

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

No idea, no reason was given. For example i don't know the reason.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12

I hope they will reconsider their decisions, otherwise it will be without me...

pete_
Helpful | Level 6
no update and solutions so far…

ultimate solution seems to be to cancel all services with dropbox - this keeps being suggested by the poor support agents.

only hope could really be to sue dropbox for all their lies, still this won't be a short term solution for our current issues... - you could still buy "as much space as needed, once purchased." as of today as a customer.

Gospeljohn001
Helpful | Level 6

Right now Sync.com seems to be the only alternative "unlimited" solution - problem is they aren't as integrated as Dropbox or Google Drive - and I'm not technically competent to figure out how to get that service to talk to my servers.

Niitr0
Experienced | Level 12
What do you think of Pcloud?

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

Sync, box.com, most of the alternative are along the same lines as Dropbox. Can they really handle unlimited? They're not Amazon, Google, IBM who have the infrastructure, so makes me nervous they could pull the same stunt. 

HWG-1
Collaborator | Level 10

Sync falls out for us, a member from my Team have write with Sync support.

https://postimg.cc/68mXGVRW

OfficeInCT
Collaborator | Level 9

Pcloud seems to have a ton in their FAQ, that transparency is good to see off the bat. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

dsucx New member | Level 2
    Mrleosir1 New member | Level 2
    OfficeInCT Collaborator | Level 9
    dropby Helpful | Level 6
    ggtello Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?