cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Breach of Dropbox contract - Harming consumers.

No additional space on Business Advanced

ggtello
Helpful | Level 6

Dear community,

I'm here to advice that the support have been denying us additional space for two weeks, first telling us that there was a momentary problem, then that we had made a request before the 7 days, then again (after waiting 7 days) that there is a problem which however is not written by Nowhere.

We're really worried about that because they don't give us any timelines and the fact that the problem doesn't exist on the dropbox status page and that nobody else talks about it seems a bit suspicious.

I don't like writing these posts but we are really worried don't you think? Are any of you having similar problems? do they only have it with us?

615 Replies 615

M3th0s
Helpful | Level 6

Not disagreeing with you bud. The whole things is co.cked up!

Jacaranda
New member | Level 2

I have been a Dropbox user for decades, and have always subscribed to an unlimited hosting plan. However, over the past year, the company has made it increasingly difficult to add space. Previously, the process was automatic. When approaching the available limit, the platform would add a reasonable amount of space. Then it became necessary to open a ticket requesting more space whenever the service was interrupted. Things have gotten even worse since then, and the company has either not provided the space, or increased it by less than 0.5%, which is a joke. My company depends on the space to deliver files to clients, in addition to administrative resources. And we are constantly harmed by the refusal to fulfill the contract. Our plan is unlimited, and Dropbox should honor the contract by providing the promised space.

Mark
Super User II

It may be worth checking what account you are actually on - Dropbox has removed all unlimited plans and notified people this was happening earlier in the year: https://blog.dropbox.com/topics/product/updates-to-our-storage-policy-on-dropbox-advanced

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jacaranda
New member | Level 2

We have a legacy plan, still in use. 

siva_rathi
Helpful | Level 5

Our organisation has been using 45 TB of dropbox storage already before this policy was changed. I am using Dropbox Business Advances since 2019. I paid for the number of users and I had unlimited storage. As of Oct 2023, we utilised 45 TB of storage based on the earlier plan and policy offered to me. 

I reached out to DB customer service and none of them seem to give me any solution. 

The fact is there was a commitment that was given to us when before and we have been using Dropbox based on that. Now there is a change in DB's policy.  We understand that and are okay with paying for any additional storage we need. But asking us to pay for the already used space of 45 TB is not good. 

What happened to DB's earlier commitment to ‘use as much space as you need’ policy which was given to us earlier?

NikaSqme1
New member | Level 2

Dear Dropbox Team,

I trust this message finds you well. My name is Nika and I am writing on behalf of our company. We have been avid users of Dropbox for our extensive filming needs, having purchased the unlimited storage package some time ago.

Before committing to this significant investment, we engaged in thorough communication with your sales representative, Mr. Francesco Santavicca. Mr. Santavicca assured us that the package we were purchasing was truly unlimited and would seamlessly accommodate our substantial storage requirements. Regrettably, our experience has not aligned with the commitments made during our initial discussions.

We have encountered several challenges since Dropbox altered its policy, transitioning from an unlimited storage option to a restricted monthly allocation of space. Our team, responsible for filming a TV show, required a substantial 160TB of storage space. However, Dropbox has only provided us with a mere 22TB, causing substantial disruptions in managing and safeguarding our crucial footage.

To exacerbate matters, subsequent changes to Dropbox's policy further limited the monthly space allocation, rendering our user experience unproductive and hindering our ability to effectively organize and store our content.

Considering the disparity between the promised unlimited storage and the actual limitations imposed, we find ourselves in a situation where the services rendered are not in line with the initial agreement. As a result, we kindly request a comprehensive review of our account and a rectification of the storage limitations to align with the commitments made by Mr. Santavicca during our purchasing discussions.

Furthermore, given the substantial impact these changes have had on our workflow and the essential services we anticipated, we must request a refund for the package that did not meet our expectations and requirements. We believe this is a fair and reasonable request, considering the substantial divergence from the terms initially communicated.

I would also like to include that we already have an open discussion on this topic - Ticket #22504933, for even more information about this situation.

We understand that policy changes are inevitable, but we trust that Dropbox values its customers and will strive to find an equitable resolution to ensure our continued satisfaction with your services.

We appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to a timely and positive resolution.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Nika

NA101
New member | Level 2

Recent changes in Dropbox policy limiting amount of data is quite a shocker. 

Before choosing Dropbox, we had a detailed chat and video conference with one of your team members to explain our requirements, which was around 300 TB of data for our video footage. We were informed that this was totally doable. Also to our query whether there would be any future change in the plan being offered, we were told that we could safely invest in it on a long term basis. This is all on chat. 

Trusting Dropbox's assurance, we invested two years in uploading the data. Now Dropbox has changed its policy. All the time and expense (forget about the effort) have gone to waste. Now we are on a marathon to download all the data before our term expires (that means double the expense) I just wish that Dropbox had been upfront. Small businesses can be impacted very badly by this. 

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7

Welcome to the club.  We have the EXACT same experience as you, a little less data but still 160TB of video work.  

jacoporicci
Helpful | Level 6

I'm impressed no one has filed a lawsuit yet

clintwb
Helpful | Level 7

@everyone  @community  As anyone found a good alternative for moderate storage in the 30-60TB range?  Just wondering what everyone is doing since we are all down to 5 months until our current plans expire. 

Need more support?